So I’ve spent a couple nights in my new apartment. Here is what I’ve learned thus far.
- Both Trader Joe’s and the bank are within walking distance. I hate walking anywhere, but I think it will become part of my regular routine.
- Buying beer without knowing if you have a bottle opener is dumb. When you are without a bottle opener, you will desperately try anything that has a remote chance of working, from oven racks to pliers.
- If you buy only a bottle opener and a Toblerone, the cashier at Trader Joe’s will give you funny looks.
- Trader Joe’s has it’s own beer they call Trader Jose. I have a 6-pack in my fridge now because I was curious. Has anyone else tried this?
- There are about a dozen visible access points viewable from my apartment. Two are open without any security. The other ten I think I can crack within a week. I will try later.
- Both Michelle and I are okay with having wine and beer in the apartment but no food as long as we have Internet.
- The drive to my office is an additional ten minutes, but I think I can do some alternate routes to cut it back down to my normal commute.
More life lessons to come. Man it’s been a long time since I’ve lived out of my parents’ place.